11/7/08

Long trip to the Dr.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Since last Tuesday I have been giving myself shots of insulin at night before I go to bed. Hopefully to decrease my fasting readings in the morning. Most of the other readings have been ok. She started me out taking 5 units, which didn't look like much. The reading have been a little high, so yesterday she told me to start taking 10 units. Well, last night I fell asleep and didn't do a shot at all. But this morning the reading wasn't bad, about the same as it has been since I started the insulin.

I had an ultrasound to get points, not sure what that means, but she was moving and already practicing breathing, so it didn't even take 2 minutes before she got all the points they were looking for. Then I had a NST, which I now know means a Non stress test. My mom said it was to measure her heart rate when she moved. Everything was fine with all the test. I have to go back in 2 weeks to do it all again. It took about 3 hours total, thank goodness my mom was able to go and help keep me company. Andrew had to work and my wonderful Dad kept the boys. Bless his heart! He said they had fun and it looked like it when we got back. My Dad and Noah drew a "town map" on a big piece of cardboard and they couldn't wait to show it to us.

1 loving comments:

Angie Vinez

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind comment.

It sounds like you are dealing with so much in your pregnancy. I will be praying for a healthy delivery for your sweet baby girl.

Stop by any time. And if you can use the tutu that I can't use for Parker, I'd like to send it to you. My email address is on my profile. Let me know if you'd like to have it.