12/2/09

Our Advent Activities

I have been wanting to do an Advent type of activties for our family for a while. This year I just sat down and did it! It is hard to think of something for all of the kids to do, but I think what I have planned will work. I just want the kids to know that Christmas is about more that just Santa! Here are a few of the things we will be doing this year.

*Hang wreath on the door and make a paper chain to count down to Christmas Day
*Write a letter to Santa and deliver it to Macy's
*Write letters to Clyde who is overseas and to my brother who is in the Air Force in CA.
*Hang up our stockings
*Go to our Christmas Parade (Our's passes right by our neighborhood!)
*Make mini ginger bread houses (out of graham crackers)
*Make Christmas shortbread
*Make Christmas trees (out of a sugar cone and green icing)
*Read the legend of the candy cane and have some
*Address Christmas card and drink egg nog
*Go shopping for teacher gifts and wrap them
*Make salt dough ornaments to give as gifts to neighbors
*Find pine cones and make bird seed feeders
*Have hot chocolate, with whipped cream
*Have an indoor picnic
*Make gift for the grandparents (it's a surprise or I'll tell what it is!)
*Go to some local events: hayride through Life of Christ, looking at Christmas lights, some church events.

I got a lot of ideas from this sight: Our Home With God. Lot's of good ideas!

I also have a short Bible verse to read each night.

What does your family do to celebrate the Holidays? I need some more ideas!


0 loving comments: