7/25/08

17 weeks

According to my counter I am 17 weeks along today. I can not believe I am almost halfway through this pregnancy! I have another doctor's appointment on the 4th. I really want to have a sonogram to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I am really hoping for a little girl this time, but as long as we have a healthy happy baby, I don't care. Charlotte has my camera right now or I would post a picture of the bump, if you can distinguish it from the diastases that I have!

I have been weary lately. I don't know how to explain it, other than the fact that this time of year always seems to be tough, financially, on Andrew and I. We don't know why, it just does. I wrote out our tithes check yesterday and prayed about it. About 10 minutes later I checked my email and had a comment from Shelly, who goes to our church. She had to write it exactly while I was praying. She had said what I needed to hear at the right time. God is so great and I need to be reminded of this, a lot! It is so easy to get wrapped up in the here and now and not focus on what we need to. I have been very guilty of this a lot lately. God has really been working on my faith lately. Which is fine, because it is the topic that I have the most trouble with. Why is so hard to turn everything over to him when that is what he asks us to do? I know it is because, well with me, I think I can handle it all. And I can't. Thank you God for your blessings in my life. I have a husband who loves me and our children, who works really hard for us! I have 2 beautiful boys who make my life busy, but beautiful. I have the joy of this precious life inside of me. I have parents that I love and that I can count on. I have a great extended family. I have great friends. I have my health and am so thankful that I feel I was healed to be here to enjoy all that have and will have. I have a 10 year old car that gets great gas mileage, and still has cold AC, and still runs pretty darn good! I have a house, that although it is small, it is filled with love. And most of all I have Jesus. I just have to remember that He is the greatest blessing of all!

2 loving comments:

Anonymous

I love you, Heather! This post was really encouraging to me! I can't wait to find out what your having!!
Katie

shell

That was really touching. I can look back on sooooooo many trying times and see the hand of God so specially working on drawing us into Him more and sometimes it makes me feel sorry for people who don't go through trying times because they don't get to experience the awesome ways that He moves and builds us and fills us.